Friday, February 10, 2012

Future Generations

How strange life is when it relates to relations.  I am 73 years old and am a member of a large family with 12 siblings.  I had 7 brothers and 5 sisters, but alas I am the sole remaining male along with three lovely sisters.  I have no reason to determine the why of that statement.  It merely is a fact.  However I sometimes think about descendants of this large family brood.
Due to the modern development of computers, the on-line web, and social network programs such as Facebook, I am able to correspond with members of following generations anywhere in the world at a moment’s notice.  I read, on a daily basis, of their everyday doings, their wants, needs, and aspirations.  I am reasonably sure many of those that are two or more generations along the path of evolution from myself think of me as someone that is somehow related to them through someone in their past, but they have no real idea how that came about.
Little do they suspect that I knew their grandfathers when they were children.  They do not wonder that we played together as even do their children.  They do not know that their ancestors of only two generations ago were live human beings that lived, loved, and passed away just as assuredly as they also will in the future.  These future generations have little knowledge of those who if it had not been for them, these future generations would not be.

No comments:

Post a Comment