Friday, June 29, 2012

Feeding The Fawn

While slowly riding my ATV June 28, 2012 I rounded a bend on my own property and spotted this fully grown doe whitetail resting in my path.  I continued to creep forward all the while getting my camera into action.  The camera is a Sony Cyber-shot DSC H70.  She allowed me to get to approximately forty feet away before rising.
After standing she may have made a noise, but if she did I couldn’t hear it due to the engine noise of the ATV.  At any rate a fawn came bouncing from the surrounding brush.  It seemed rather wary of this intruder, but the mother seemed unconcerned.
With mama for protection the fawn gave me a good looking over.  It still was not too sure I belonged there.
Finally the fawn began to partake of an evening meal.
The mother doe took another look at me to insure I was photographing this historic event.  Apparently satisfied I was properly recording this, they continued with the feeding program.
In about five minutes, when dinner was over, they both looked away from me at something only they knew existed.  I saw nothing.  Soon, like a wisp of smoke, they were gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment