Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Lost Dish


A few minutes ago it seemed like a lunch was in order.  Within my ability to cook are few options.  I decided to scramble an egg, add onions and some chopped hotdog, a little milk, and salt and pepper.  I found everything but the salt and pepper in the refrigerator including half an onion in a small covered dish.  Removing a small plastic dish from the cupboard I cracked the egg into it.  I added salt and pepper, and began dicing a piece of onion into it.  I put the cover back on the onion and returned it to the refrigerator.  I then proceeded to cut up about half of the hotdog into small chunks.  I went to drop this into my dish, and the dish had disappeared.  How could it?  I hadn’t moved from where I was standing.  It was no where to be found.  I spotted the onion dish and decided to put it away while I solved the disappearing dish problem.  I couldn’t locate that cover either.  It dawned on me.  The mixing dish and the onion dish were identical.  I had placed the onion cover on my mixing dish and put it in the refrigerator.  Senility wins again.

No comments:

Post a Comment