Friday, October 14, 2011

Mid-October Foliage

As I often do I went for a ride this afternoon on the Bayou Buggy.  I was not fortunate enough to make contact with any wildlife, but I did see plenty of beautiful fall foliage as we get here in the north country of New York.
This first photo is a shot taken across a harvested corn field at some mixed wooded area.  There’s some Birch in there, as well as some Maple and even some Pine all threw together by Mother Nature.
The second shot is near the first, but the Birches in this photo stood out more against a darkened sky on a dreary day.  A little splash of white brightens things up.
In a different area of the same field I wandered across some Sumac making a pretty bright red area among the darker colors of the background forest.
For those who may want to see a Sumac closer up, here’s one for you fine folks.  That’s a couple of Birches among the evergreens behind it.  We are fortunate to have such views in our area so we’ll share with you.  Right after I took this last photo the skies opened up and I chose to make a home run.  That is I made a mad dash for my home before getting completely soaked.

No comments:

Post a Comment