Monday, August 6, 2012

Our Family

I am the father of two boys and two girls.  I love them all dearly, but sometimes too much time passes between the times when we meet face to face.  Thanks to phones and social media we stay in touch, but it’s just not the same as a hug somehow.
This past weekend, August 3 – 5, all four of my children were in my home at the same time.  There were also four grandchildren, and three great grandchildren present.  Two of the great grandchildren I had never met prior to this.  What a joyous time to have them gathered under one roof.  The oldest will be fifty years old later this year, but in our family they are all yet my children.  There is no such thing as adults that have left the nest.  They are all my children and they remain forever in my heart.
To add to the happiness on Sunday afternoon two of my three remaining siblings spent some time with us, as well as a sister of my wife and her husband, my fishing buddy.  A few of our other nieces, nephews and assorted others heard that my children would be here so they joined in an outdoor picnic with us.
It wasn’t a family reunion, but it sufficed for our immediate family.  I hope we can do it again, maybe next year.
Thank you to all that attended, and an especial thanks to DJ for all her efforts in planning and producing this extravaganza.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on a successful gathering!

    ReplyDelete