Sunday, February 23, 2014

The American Flag


Leo Lawton  February 22, 2014

An old man was chastised for having an American Flag flying from his balcony on his new condominium.  When told it was against the rules of the premises to have outside decorations he refused to remove it:

This flag traveled across Normandy,

and spent some time on the Oriskany.

On Pork Chop Hill I saw it hang,

also it was in DaNang.

Don’t tell me I should take it down,

it’s seen more strife than this whole town.

I know it’s old and worn and tattered,

but it went with me and that’s what mattered.

Decoration you call it, let me tell you son,

you don’t know a patriot when you see one.

This Flag will stay here until I die,

it ain’t going to be moved, and don’t you try.

Now kindly get outside that door,

or it’ll see one more battle like it’s seen before.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America and to the Republic for which it stands, one nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment