Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Roaming

As my friendly farmer neighbor has corn planted in the field I use to access the beaver pond I have not been able to go back there for about two months now.  Lacking the ability to go there, I set out today to see what else I could see.  First I spotted these mushrooms.  I have no idea what kind they are, but I thought they had interesting patterns on their surfaces.  There were about twenty of them there, but I won't bore you to death with photos of all of them, but thought you might enjoy just one.
Next I drove under an apple tree that has grown wild on my property.  Aren't those beautiful juicy looking specimens high in the tree.  I need to take a ladder back there and pick at least one to determine what it tastes like.
When I returned to my home I continued across the road to my nephew's place and snapped a shot of their storage building they are in the process of building.  Each day they work a little more on it, and it is beginning to look like a real building now.

I continued on past the storage shed and took a tour of part of my nephew Bernard's property.  Over on the back corner of it his nephew Brian has planted some soy beans and turnips in small plots.  I've never asked the question, but I wonder if it has something to do with that deer hunting shack in the foreground?  All in all it was a nice half hour spent on the ATV.

No comments:

Post a Comment