Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Mailperson

For more than twenty years I've used the same cup for my coffee which I drink copious amounts of from the time I arise about ten each morning until I retire about two the next morning.
A few days ago I was playing with my sons miniature pincher dog and in some manner I knocked my cup to the floor, whereupon it landed on its top and broke a chunk out of it.
Moving on to Ebay I found one that appeared to be identical to my lost love, and so I asked my daughter to order it.  She did, and it arrived today.  Being a wonderful child, my granddaughter delivered it to my home, after first securing it from her family's rural mailbox.
I couldn't help but suck in my breath as I stared in bewilderment as Meg ran the length of our driveway and back, and then on over to our home across the driveway with the new cup.  The temperature was 19 degrees as she wandered around in her shorty pajamas, through the snow and frigid air.  She attempted to keep me from taking this photo, but I was not to be denied.
My original old faithful cup can be noted sitting on the end of the table as I strum my guitar in the previous article.  The one that arrived today is a replica, made in Japan, not England as was my original.  I've written to the source of this new one to see if it is possible they have one like my original.

1 comment:

  1. Y'all are a tough bunch. Shorty pajamas, no thank you.

    ReplyDelete