Monday, January 10, 2011

Starting Over

Not caring to go into detail in this media, suffice it to say I thought it sagacious to discontinue my former blog.  Nearly all material that was ever published on that blog is yet available within my home computer.  I have it saved and am working on producing it in a yearly book form.
This blog will begin more or less in the same style as the former blog.  I hope that there will be good folks that will enjoy my sometimes rambling.  Much of it is for those who are mostly younger than I about events that transpired, sometimes in the distant past, to people that many of the readers will recognize as ancestors, or related to those.
Up there in the right hand top corner you will notice a music symbol and the word “Beginnings.”  (That means it’s a beginning for me as I have never previously sang in public, nor do I believe it is a particularly wise thing for me to do.)  Clicking on either, with your volume on (but not too high) will bring forth from your very own computer the melodious tones of myself with one verse of an old Hank Williams song entitled, “I Can’t Help It,” that I recorded this week.  The photo was taken December 20, 2008.  The guitar is a 1957 Gibson ES-125 Electric Spanish, originally purchased at Calipari’s Music Store in Potsdam, NY by my uncle John Suhockey, in 1957.  The store burned in August 1980.  My brother Ron bought the guitar from Uncle John, and in turn I bought it from Ron shortly before his death May 26, 1984.
I wish to give credit where credit is due.  The lady named Donna Lawton Royce, is my youngest daughter, and I am extremely proud to make that statement.  She is the unseen brains behind the inner workings of this site.  She designed it, set it up, and does all sorts of things to it, that I am unable to do for myself.  She never gets tired of me asking her to change a color slightly, or move some small detail a fraction of an inch.  Thank you kindly, daughter.

6 comments:

  1. Now that's a claim to fame if I ever heard one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That went on the USB stick with all the Lawton pictures you have sent me. Thanks for one more memory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually hooted when I heard you sing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rosie, I'm more than happy that you grabbed it. That's why they're here.
    Ruth, I thought you hooted all of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, got thrown out of Hooters because I couldn't grasp the concept of the restaurant. I thought it was only for people who hooted.

    ReplyDelete