Saturday, January 8, 2011

Statistics

My daddy told me once that figures don’t lie, but liars do figure.  I’ve no idea what he meant by that, but surely it must have some bearing on something.

A counter on this blog tells me that pages have been loaded a total of 7,929 times during the year 2010, or an average of 22 times a day.

It also records that 4,554 people visited during the year, for an average of 12 a day.  In keeping with the first statement though, those figures do not tell the entire truth.  It is possible that 4,554 separate individuals visited the site one time.  It is also just as possible that one individual visited the site 4,554 times.  Neither is likely correct.

Over the past 2 weeks an average of 24 people a day visited.  That means a lot of days earlier in the year lesser numbers must have come to this fountain of lore and knowledge, if the year’s average was 12 daily.

During the calendar year I wrote 303 pieces of trivial nonsense.  One would guess that left 62 days with nothing new, but that is not necessarily true either.  Each time I presented more than one blog in a day, that would seem be one other day I presented nothing.  That too, is not quite a factual statement.  I think I recall placing three articles one day.  Some more statiscal nonsense.

I took a statistics course in college about ten years ago.  Sorry Mrs. Beggs, I didn’t learn too pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment