Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Lilac Day

While riding my ATV through a field I spotted a pair of deer.  I snapped a quick photo, and it is easy to tell they had also spotted me.  The one on the left is stomping a front foot, a sure sign of nervousness.
In the next photo it can be seen they decided to move along.  The tail flag is not up though, so they are not really scared, just prudent.
When I returned to my home my granddaughter, Meg, was mowing my lawn.  It surely looks much better now.  Across the road my nephew Bernard and family have their washing hung out to dry.  Yes, there are yet families that love that fresh sunshine smell and feel to their washing.
I thought you might like to smell the lilacs.  I love the odor.  When I was a youth a lot of families planted lilacs next to the outhouse.
Here’s some more of them with the last of the apple blossoms in the rear tree.  This is Doc’s shade tree.
The brat stuck her tongue out at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment